The Brighter's Holiday Magic
2013 Christmas Lights are OFF!!
Christmas 2013 Updates -
Thanks to everyone that stopped by to visit the show this year. Although weather forced us to shut down early a couple of nights for safety, overall the season was very good. We handed out right at 15,900 candy canes this year. The biggest night was on 12/23 where we handed out over 3,000. The new RGB tree and adding two new songs received good reviews from visitors. We have lots of surprises already planned for the 2014 season so be sure you come back and visit.
- Phil Buck from THV11 broadcasted live on 12/20/2013.
- One of the interviews can been seen by clicking HERE.
- The original taped segment shown during the 10pm news on 12/20 can been seen by clicking HERE.
- The rebroadcast of the original taped segment was shown during the 10pm news on 12/25 and can been seen by clicking HERE.
- Sharpe Dunaway was 'Santa Claus' for 'Photos with Santa' on 12/22 which was rescheduled from 12/21 due to heavy rain.
- Free 'Photos with Santa' ended up be a major hit. Santa was only available between 6pm-9pm. Since the line to get on the street was right at 60 minutes, there ended up being people that were not able to see Santa that evening. Due to the traffic prolems, 'IF' we attempt to try something like this again, we will have a better plan for sure
Halloween 2013 Updates -
The rain prevented us from hosting our annual Halloween fright night as usual. The conditions were too wet to safely do anything without the risk of someone getting hurt so we opted to only give out candy for 2013. Hopefully weather doesn't prevent the 2014 season.
Thanks to everyone for being so understanding this year in our decision.
CHRISTMAS LIGHTS are OFF for 2013!!!
Kickoff for the 2013 Christmas Light Show season went well. Donations were slow to start but rebounded pretty good by the end of the season. We suspect some of it may be due to the new health care laws. You can read more about the Christmas season below.
Thanks for visiting and be sure you check us out on Facebook under Brighters of Conway Light Show and on Twitter under brightersofconw